Assembly on Environmental & Occupational Health John Peters Award
The John M. Peters Award for outstanding contributions to environmental or occupational health through leadership in research, education, or public health. The award will be presented at the 2014 ATS International Conference. The awardee will receive a plaque and a monetary award of up to $500.
- Associate or full professor (or equivalent, i.e., 8 or more years in the field)
- Outstanding contributions to environmental or occupational health as evidence by major leadership in research directly relevant to prevention; and/or major leadership in education or public health practice.
- Relevance of the contribution to preventing and decreasing the morbidity and mortality of respiratory disorders caused by environmental or occupational exposures.
- ATS membership is desirable but not required
- Send the nominee's current curriculum vitae including a list of thenominee's publications and two recommendation letters.
Past Recipients of The John Peters Award:
2010 - James A. Merchant, MD, DrPH
2011 - Frank E. Speizer, MD
2012 - Margaret R. Becklake, MD
2013 - David C. Christiani, MD, MPH, MS