Assembly on Environmental & Occupational Health Val Vallyathan Award
The Val Vallyathan Award is a Senior Faculty award for applicants with outstanding contributions to basic and translational science in environmental or occupational respiratory diseases. The award will be presented at the annual 2014 ATS International Conference with a plaque and $2,500.
- Associate or full professor (or equivalent, i.e., 8 or more years in the field)
- Outstanding contributions to basic or translational science in environmental or occupational respiratory diseases
- Relevance of the contribution to preventing and decreasing the morbidity and mortality of respiratory disorders caused by environmental or occupational exposures
- ATS membership is desirable but not required
- Send the nominee's current curriculum vitae including a list of thenominee's publications and two recommendation letters.
Past Recipients of the Val Vallyathan Senior Award:
2011 - Guenter Oberdorster, DVM, PhD
2012 - Vincent Castranova, PhD
2013 - Benoit Nemery de Bellevaux, MD, PhD, MSc